Food

Food

Saturday 31 January 2015

Eden Expresso - a pleasant way to start the day

While I wouldn't call it my new fave - Eden Expresso was definitely a pleasant way to start a laid back Sunday.


To the horror of my friends, I am not usually a brunch person.  But after plans to walk Albert Park Lake were rained out, my girlfriend and I decided to head out for brunch to Eden Expresso. 

Eden Expresso is a bustling little spot on Glenferie Road. Melbournites seem to have a love of lining up, and after being told that we would have to wait 20 minutes for a table, I knew that this venue was going to be a good choice.

While the décor  itself was nothing inspiring and the toilets out the back were rather horrifying (filthy, smelly and reminiscent of a toilet you would find in a public park), the  staff were friendly and the food was tasty.

To eat I had the poached eggs, avocado, smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce on chia toast with a side of Eden's basil and parmesan hash.  The parmesan and basil hash was exceptional (light and fluffy on the inside, with a textual crunch on the outside) and the poached eggs were cooked perfectly.  While the chia toast was unpleasantly chewy, the deliciousness of the hash and eggs, matched with the avocado and smoked salmon, managed to pull the dish through.  

 
All in all, a pleasant spot for brunch that I will definitely go to again if I'm in the area.

Verdict: Like



Eden Espresso on Urbanspoon






No comments:

Post a Comment