Food

Food

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Magic Mountain Saloon

It's been a while since I've made this call - but Magic Mountain Saloon is definitely the new fave.  Offering a fusion of Thai and Australian cuisine, Magic Mountain Saloon is the most recent member of the Cookie / Boney / Revolver upstairs crew.

At two stories tall, the Magic Mountain Saloon has a funky oriental vibe - if the decor of Chin Chin and Lucy Lui's had a baby, it would look like this venue.

To eat I shared the garlic give and water spinach dumplings with black vinegar and chilli soy sauce, and the lamb shoulder, potato and pea red curry. 


The dumplings were incredibly - crisp on the outside, deliciously gooey on the inside - my friend and I could have easily demolished 20 or so. The black vinegar and chilli soy sauce alone had me scraping the plate with my finger.

The red lamb curry was out of this world - the lamb was so tender that it melted in the mouth and the curry sauce was perfectly spiced and deliciously fragrant. 

With incredibly helpful, attentive and friendly staff, an extensive cocktail and wine list, and a menu that is absolutely drool worthy, I will definitely be back to Magic Mountain Saloon again soon.

Decor: 5/5
Service: 4.5/5
Food: 4.5/5
Total: 14/15
Verdict: the new fave - put it as number one on your list to do
Magic Mountain Saloon on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment