Food

Food

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Huxtaburger 


Whilst it has become a bit of a Melbourne institution, to be honest I think Huxtaburger is a bit overrated. 

On this occasion I hit up the Smith Street store. With its burger topped silver trays and chip filled red and white cardboard cups, this place definitely gives off an American vibe. The decor is nothing inspiring - the first room you enter is dull and squishy, and the room next door, with its cardboard chip containers scattered around the room and remanents of tomato sauce stuck on the table tops, reminds me of a high school common room. 

To eat I had the Theo - double pattie, cheese, lettuce and bbq sauce - definitely not the best burger I've had. 

Unfortunately the meat was overcooked and dry, the bacon was soggy and fatty, and the cheese wasn't at all melted and gooey. The chips, however, were crisp and delicious! 

It wasn't terrible, but with so many other good burger joints around, I wouldn't say it's worth the calories. 

Food: 2/5
Service: 3/5
Decor: 2/5
Total: 7/15 
Verdict: Don't bother
Click to add a blog post for Huxtaburger on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment