Food

Food

Sunday 20 September 2015

Top Paddock

Top Paddock is a Melbourne institution and it is easy to see why.

As is the way with many of Melbourne's best brunch spots, there is a wait to be seated.  However, our 20 minute wait was quite reasonable considering it was such a gorgeous Melbourne day and we had requested outdoor seating. 

The venue itself is not what I expected.  What I had expected was a nook in the wall along a line of shops, not a freestanding venue with exquisite wooden features, an abundance of outdoor seating and a homely cottage feel.

To eat I ordered Top Paddock's iconic blueberry and ricotta hotcake.  I am not usually a sweet tooth, but I had seen a number of pictures of this dish before, and it had been on my list of things to try for awhile. Luckily, it didn't disappoint. Filled with tart blueberries and gooey ricotta, this fluffy hotcake was well balanced and not overly sweet. Topped with fresh berries and edible flowers, this dish was not only beautiful, but a delicious l way to start the day.


Whilst our waiter was absolutely lovely, it took forever for us to get our meals.  This in part can be forgiven seeing how busy the venue was, however, I'm not going to lie, I was definitely on the edge of being hangry.  However, the wait was well worth it and it was a delicious way to start to the day.

Venue: 4/5
Food: 4/5
Service: 3/5
Total: 11/15
Verdict: Love - get around to try it soon.

Top Paddock Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment