Food

Food

Wednesday 13 January 2016

L'Altro Mondo

Whether it be a Wednesday night steak night or a Tuesday night Parma night, I tend to have a soft spot for night-specific deals. So when I walked past L'Altro Mondo's Sunday $29 pasta night, I found it hard to resist.

L'Altro Mondo is a quaint (but elegant) Italian restaurant situated on Victoria Avenue in Albert Park. On Sunday's, $29 will get you a piece of bruschetta, choice of pasta and a glass of wine or beer. 

Now, the thought of bruschetta has never really overly excited me (I may be slightly scarred by years of stale bread and soggy tomatoes) but this bruschetta was deceptively delicious. The mixture of incredibly fresh ingredients and simple but elegant flavours made this dish a delightful start to the night.
 

For the pasta I chose the beetroot tortellini filled with ricotta and spinach. The pasta was cooked well and the beetroot pasta dough was an interesting (and delicious!) touch.  But the serving itself (just the four pieces as shown below) was too small for my liking, being more akin to the size of an entrée. 


At least, however, the small serving of pasta left room for the panna cotta which almost looked too beautiful to eat! 



With its friendly service and exceptional food, L'Altro Mondo definitely deserves a return visit (however, I wouldn't suggest the $29 pasta special if you have a very hungry stomach!)

Food: 4.5/5
Service: 4/5
Décor: 3/5
Total: 11.5/15
Verdict: Love - rush out and try it soon

L'Altro Mondo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment