Food

Food

Monday 11 July 2016

Chez Dre

Chez Dre was actually one of the first venues I visited on moving to Melbourne. I was absolutely enchanted by the hidden café nestled down the South Melbourne alleyway which had the most delicious looking array of cakes on display - the types of cakes that belong in an art show or, at the very least, a Zumbo episode of Masterchef.
On this occasion, we were visiting Chez Dre for a spot of lunch - somehow managing to resist the temptation of gorging ourselves on their sweets. To eat I ordered the Pulled Pork Toastie with slow braised pork shoulder, provolone cheese, caramelised onions and white miso BBQ sauce. Whilst delicious (and the lamb shoulder was cooked to perfection), thank goodness I was hangover as it was a very sweet, buttery and greasy dish. The side salad was a nice touch though, and definitely helped cut through the rich flavours of the toastie.





The service was an absolute stand out. The gentleman that served us had just started, and was the perfect balance of enthusiasm, playfulness and charm - attentive but not overbearing, he was definitely a refreshing encounter in my hungover state that morning.

Whilst perhaps not on the top of my list of lunch recommendations, I will definitely return to Chez Dre to satisfy my sweet cravings.

Venue: 4/5
Food: 3/5
Service: 4/5
Total: 11/15
Verdict: Like - get around to trying at some point.
 
Rear Of 285-287 Coventry Street, South Melbourne
 
 
Chez Dré Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment