Food

Food

Sunday 19 February 2017

Pho Cycle

Pho was my dish of 2016 - whether it was for a hungover Sunday night take-out, a late night order at work, or a meal out along Victoria Street in Richmond, pho was often my dish of choice. So, whilst coining myself as an expert is probably going too far, I like to think I am qualified to spot a good pho. Pho Cycle is one such place which offers a good pho - indeed, it's probably one of the best phos I've had in awhile.

Situated on Clarendon Street, the venue is casual but quirky, offering both indoor and outdoor seating. Their menu offers all of the Vietnamese suspects - banh mi's, vietnamese salads and a variety of rice paper rolls. For me I couldnt go past trying the spicy mince pho - and I'm glad I did. With its deliciously fragrant broth, perfectly cooked rice noodles and tender bits of spicy meat, it was one of the best phos I've ever had.


We also couldn't go past trying the peking duck rice papers. The duck was tender, and the flavours in the roll tasty, but the accompanying (overly garlicy) sauce was very underwhelming.


There is no doubt I'll be back to Pho Cycle soon for another serve of their spicy pork mince pho - and boy do I look forward to it.

Food: 4/5
Venue: 3.5/5
Service: 4/5
Total: 11.5/15
Verdict: love - get around to trying it soon.

Pho Cycle Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment