Food

Food

Sunday 26 March 2017

Yuzu

For most restaurants, it's safe to say that the food eating in is nearly always better than the food delivered to your door. Surprisingly, when it comes to Japanese venue Yuzu, this isn't the case.

Yuzu is one of my tried and true take out options when staying back late at work - usually arriving at my work's door only 20 or so minutes after ordering, it always comes fresh, hot and delicious. My go-to dish - the Katsu Curry  - crispy fried pork served with in a deliciously rich curry sauce.

On this occasion I decided for once that I should check out the restaurant rather than ordering in. However I won't be doing that again. First of all, it was nearly impossible to get anyone's attention to order our food - it took us asking three times to finally get some luck.  Secondly, it's not that the food wasn't delicious, because it was, but when you're waiting 40 minutes for it and paying the price Yuzu charges, you expect at least the edges of your plate to be wiped down...

Whilst still delicious, it was no better than the take out you can get delivered to your day - and in half the time!

Such a shame Yuzu, because your Japanese curry is one of the best going around. Next time I'll stick to the take away!

Food: 4/5
Service: 1.5/5
Venue: 2.5/5
Verdict: Only hit Yuzu up for takeaway, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Yuzu at Church Lane Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment