Food

Food

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Higher Ground

Higher Ground  is the latest member of the Top Paddock/Kettle Black group.  Adding some much needed flair (and good breakfast options) to the legal district, the two levelled venue almost has a New York loft feel - think a bright open space with vertical gardens and exposed brick walls. 
 
The menu itself features the groups' famous ricotta hot cake, with maple syrup, seeds and grains, cream, seasonal fruit and fresh flowers.  Higher Ground's version of it certainly didn't let the team down.  Coming out looking as pretty as a picture, the hot cake was warm and oozy, and the seeds and grain give it the required textual crunch.  


For me, I couldn't go past the Benedict Eggs with dry cured ham, emmental béarnaise, sourdough and vinegar powder.  Now as my followers would know, eggs benny is one of my go-to breakfast items, so the expectations were high...and luckily this one didn't disappoint! Not only was it the most elegant eggs benny I have ever seen, it was incredibly rich and delicious.


On the occasion that we went (I should note that I've heard from friends this is not always the case), the service was commendable. I was offered a coffee whilst waiting for my friends (a small gesture, but surprisingly uncommon during breakfast peak hour), our water glasses were never empty and it took them under 10 minutes to serve us our meals. Higher Ground - I will definitely be back soon.

Service: 4.5/5
Venue: 4/5
Food: 4/5
Total: 12.5/15
Verdict: Love - get around to trying it soon.

650 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne

Higher Ground Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment