Food

Food

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Sparrow's Philly Cheesesteaks

Sparrow's Philly Cheeseteaks is living proof that late night eats don’t have to be inferior from Melbourne’s usual standard of dining.  Situated in the Fitzroy pub Catfish, whilst the venue itself is nothing overly surprising for a Northside pub, Sparrow's authentic Philly cheesesteaks and loaded chilli cheese fries are definitely something worth talking about.

Indeed, Sparrow's loaded chilli cheese fries are potentially some of the best loaded fries I've had in Melbourne - served up with actual cheese rather than cheese sauce (which I know some people will say is authentic, but so is cheese in a can, and that stuff won't be coming anywhere near my fries thank you), and topped with juicy well spiced chili which is just bursting with flavour, these loaded fries definitely cannot be missed.


My friend ordered the Hoagie with grilled beef, cheese, onions, fresh lettuce and tomato which looked, as my friend coined it, underwhelming.  But after letting me take a bite, I was soon to agree with her that the flavours in this Cheeseteak were anything but underwhelming - it was absolutely delicious.


Eating at Sparrow's Philly Cheeseteaks and not ordering one of their famous Cheeseteaks for myself is probably about as bad as going to Rockpool and not opting for the steak- but hey, at least it gives me a great excuse to head back soon.

Food: 4/5
Service: 3.5/5
Venue: 3.5/5
Total: 11/15
Verdict: Love - get around to trying it soon.

Sparrow's Philly Cheesesteaks Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment