Food

Food

Monday 6 April 2015

Pok Pok Junior 


Pok Pok Junior is a cafe style Thai eatery, nestled amongst the line of restaurants that popped up a year or so ago on the corner of Bourke and Williams street in the CBD. 

Having been here before (and having thoroughly enjoyed the food previously) I was excited at the opportunity to attend Pok Pok Junior again for a mid week lunch.

Unfortunately my choice of dish absolutely failed me. To eat I ordered the Chiang Mai Pork Belly and Pork Neck Curry - a northern style curry of pork, onion, dried chilli and a hint of ginger.  The flavours in the dish were absolutely incredible - perfectly spiced, deliciously fragrant and a taste sensation with each mouthful. Unfortunately, the fat of the pork belly wasn't rendered, resulting in large chunks of glutinous, inedible fat throughout the dish.


My lunch companion had the Penang Beef Cheek Curry which was absolutely spectacular. The beef cheek melted in the mouth and peanut coconut red curry was so delicious I could easily scoffed down a second bowel. I would highly recommend this dish if going to Pok Pok Junior.
 

Whilst the pork in my dish was basically inedible, given Pok Pok Junior's otherwise good track record and its ability to still get its flavours absolutely spot in, I will be giving this Thai eatery another try.

Food: 2.5/5
Service: 3/5
Decor: 3/5
Total: 8.5/15
Verdict: like - worth a try at some point

Pok Pok Junior on Urbanspoon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment