Food

Food

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Laksa Bar

With my favourite laksa place being miles away (Laksa King in Flemington), I was on the look out for something a bit closer to home. So I had high hopes going into Laksa Bar, hoping it would be the new go to. Unfortunately on this occasion Laksa Bar didn't earn itself the title of being the new fave. Was the food nice? Yes. But was it anything mind blowing? Unfortunately not.

With bar service and self serve cutlery, this venue had all the makings of a Melbourne cheap eats dining institution. The highlight of the night for me was definitely the free bibs which came the bowls of Laksa - such a simple but clever idea!

On this occasion I ordered the veggie and tofu Laksa. The flavour of soup was nice enough, and the crisps were a delicious touch, but there were giant chunks of raw onion through it and my 'veggies' consisted of one tiny piece of greenery, one little piece of baby corn and a couple of raw mushrooms sliced up.

It is definitely times like this I wish I was a fan of soft shell crab as that dish looked magnificently delicious - whilst I have no idea how it tasted, from looks alone of the bowls pouring out of the kitchen, I'd highly recommend soft shell crab fans give it a go.

Food: 2.5/5
Venue: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Total: 8.5/15
Verdict: don't bother - unless you are a soft shell crab fan, then I would say this place is worth giving a try at some point


Laksa Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment