Food

Food

Monday 27 February 2017

Ricardo's Trattoria

It has been a long time since a place has really wowed me - the sort of place that you makes you want to run back and try everything on the menu and relive the experience all over again. Ricardo's is one such place.  Situated on Dundas Place in Albert Park, Ricardo's serves up magnificent Italian cuisine.

Warm and welcoming whilst still giving off a fine-dining feel, the venue itself makes you feel as though you have been whisked away to Rome for the weekend. Open for both lunch and dinner, it has seating out the front which is perfect for a warm summer's day.

The menu is extensive and offers a range of entrees, salads, pastas and mains.  To start with we shared the Bufala Caprese  - Buffalo Mozzarella from Shaw River, roma tomato, basil leaves and extra-virgin olive oil. The tomatoes were sweet and juicy, the buffalo mozzarella was smooth and flavoursome and the salad was dressed with a fragrant bold olive oil - simple but superb.


For the main I had the Tagliatelle Polpettine. Described as "flat ribbon pasta with gorgeous baby meatballs", I would have to agree, those little meatballs were absolutely gorgeous.  On the suggestion of our waiter, I ordered the entrée size (which is the size shown below).  Whilst I regretted my decision while making my through this delicious bowl of goodness (why did it ever have to end!), by the end of the meal I was grateful that I had saved room for desert.


For desert, I ordered the sticky date pudding which just so happens to be my favourite desert so the expectations were extremely high. Luckily for Ricardo's, this dish exceeded my expectations - fresh, warm and fluffy, this pudding was absolutely magnificent.


With its incredibly attentive and friendly staff, superb food and reasonable price tag, I cannot wait to get back to Ricardo's again soon! It is definitely the 'New Fave'.

Food: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Venue: 4.5/5
Total: 14.5/15
Verdict: The New Fave - put it as number 1 on the To Do list.

99 Dundas Place, Albert Park

Ricardo's Trattoria Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment