Food

Food

Thursday 25 May 2017

Botherambo

 
 
 
Botherambo on Swan Street is as funky as its name. With one side serving up Thai cuisine and the other side consisting of a bar - this place definitely has the options covered.

On this occasion we were here for the food, ordering the Kingfish Island Ceviche, Papaya Salad and vegetarian Lemongrass Chili Carry accompanied with coconut rice. I'm not sure what went quite wrong on our night seeing as this place has so many good reviews on Zomato, but lets just say it's not a good sign when the coconut rice was the dish of the night.

Cerviche is one of my favourite dishes, however this one, whilst plated beautifully was tough and tasted incredibly fishy. The papaya salad was ok - but again, being one of my favourite dishes, with its one dimensional flavour, it certainly wasn't the best one I've ever had.





The sauce in the Lemongrass Chilli Curry tasted delicious, but there was no warning that the corn that was in it was corn on the cob - completely impractical if you're on a date. The amount of  potatoes in this dish also  un-inspiring - if I'm ordering a vegetable curry - I want me some vegetables, not more starch!

 

I also wasn't sure how to quite take the staff. We had a delicious bottle of red perched not more than 30 cm away from us - but on filling up our glasses after they had been empty for 10 minutes (which trust me seems forever after a long day at work) we got patronisingly told off like little school children.

In circumstances where we are spoilt for choice with incredible Thai restaurants in Melbourne - with its peculiar staff and misses on the food - I'm going to have to go with a don't bother.

Food: 2.5/5
Venue: 3/5
Service: 2.5/5
Total: 8/15
Verdict - don't bother - there are too many other good Thai places floating around

65 Swan Street, Richmond

Botherambo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment