Food

Food

Sunday 10 December 2017

Mugen Ramen & Bar

With its friendly and attentive service, reasonable price tag, great Zomato rating and quality crockery (and I admit, it does seem strange to comment on the crockery, but this stuff was notably good) I really wanted to love Mugen Ramen - like really - but unfortunately their food just didn’t hit the mark.

Nestled down Bligh Place off Flinders Lane, the venue itself is spread across two levels - offering a more casual bar-esque area at the top of the stairs which is perfect for people watching, and a more formal dining area at the bottom. Offering Japanese inspired cuisine, the menu mainly consists of "Japanese Tapas" and  a variety of Ramens.

Presented beautifully, the house made pork gyoza served with Mugen's Special Sauce came out looking incredibly delicious - however, they were also lukewarm.

 
The Tantan-Men with its spicy sesame broth, house made thin noodles and spicy pork mince was another dish that was presented beautifully.  But just like the gyoza, it was all for show. The ‘spicy’ broth wasn’t at all spicy, and it had the strangest flavour that left a terrible after taste in my mouth for the night.



At the end of the meal when the waiter (with his incredibly warm) smile helped me put my jacket on, I found myself thinking in frustration ‘why couldn’t your food just have been better??’ But alas, unfortunately both me and my fellow diner agreed that Mugen Ramen didn’t hit the mark.

Food:2/5
Service:4.5/5
Venue: 4/5
Total: 10.5/15
Mugen Ramen & Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment