Food

Food

Monday 23 March 2015

The Merrywell

I should start with the disclaimer that I had my first Merrywell experience at 10.30pm on a Friday night (after, perhaps, a drink or ten!) but it was still pretty darn good.

Often featured in Melbourne's top burger lists, I had high hopes going in and after the great success I had with the burgers at Fat Bob's, the bar was set high. To eat we ordered the loaded fries, onion rings, the KISS burger and the Red Eye Spicy Burger (and no there wasn't 10 of us - this feast was just for us two). 

Loaded Fries
Onion rings
KISS Burger
The loaded fries were pretty amazing -  loaded with crisp salty bacon and creamy gooey cheese - an absolute pig out sensation! The onion rings were also good - crisp and not too greasy. And what about the burger?  Well to start with, the patty was thick, pink and juicy - perhaps too pink for some, but just how I like it to be cooked. Unfortunately when it came to taste, the flavour of my Red Eye Spicy burger was drowned out by its overwhelming spice - and I'm the type of girl who snacks on jalapeños straight from the jar - so this burger was HOT. 

But, with the promise of ordering a different burger next time, I'll definitely keep Merrywell on the list of late night splurges in the future.

Decor: 2.5/5
Food: 3/5
Service: 2.5/5
Total: 8/15
Verdict: Like - worth a try at some point


The Merrywell on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment