Food

Food

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Entrecôte


French inspired restaurant Entrecôte in South Yarra has always been famous for its steak frites - but what about its breakfast menu? I mean it makes sense for it to serve breakfast with its gorgeous European-esque courtyard out the front which is ideal for some morning sunshine. And as soon as I heard that there was a breakfast burger (with frites!) on the menu I knew I had to give it a try.

Although on the occasion I went, I wasn’t quite hungover enough to fully appreciate the breakfast burger, so instead I went for the omelette with herbs and Gruyere, with a side of smoked salmon. Whilst it was quite dry around the edges, and the herbs were clumped in the one spot, it was still soft and gooey on the inside, and the salad on the side was nice touch.


My fellow diner had the croissant with ham, bechamel and Gruyere. Whilst it was overcooked, after flicking off the burnt bits, it was actually quite tasty. 


The service was slow (but friendly) so perhaps it's not the best place to go if you’re in a rush. And you’ll be seated quite close to your fellow diners, so its also probably not the most appropriate place to discuss your Saturday antics. But what it does offer is a little slice of Europe at your back door.

Food: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Venue: 3/5
Total: 9/15
Verdict: like - get around to trying it at some point


Entrecôte Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment