Food

Food

Sunday 30 April 2017

Hochi Mama

There's been many a time when I've been waiting in the cold for a seat at Rice Paper Scissors, staring enviously at the patrons of it's next door neighbour Hochi Mama walking straight into their doors.  But after dining at Hochi Mama the other day, I was quick to realise why it's so easy to get a seat.

The venue itself is funky, and the service was incredibly friendly and attentive, but unfortunately the positives stop at about there  To eat I opted for the chicken pho. Whilst the chicken was juicy and tender, the overall broth lacked any flavour - indeed I wouldn't be surprised to hear it was just boiling water poured over the traditional herbs and veggies. My friend who ordered the Southside Chicken Curry provided me similar feedback, saying that her curry whilst very citrusy, it lacked any substantial flavour.


Whilst it wasn't a terrible experience, with so many other delicious Vietnamese restaurants in Melbourne to choose from, I won't be running back to Hochi Mama.

Food: 2.5/5
Venue: 3.5/5
Service: 3.5/5
Verdict: Don't bother, there are much better Vietnamese venues in Melbourne

Hochi Mama Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment