Food

Food

Sunday 30 April 2017

Tall Timber

Tall Timber is everything you'd expect from a popular Melbourne breakfast café - a delicious menu featuring micro-herbs and edible flowers, coffee that's spot on, and about a 20 minute wait for a table. Unfortunately, on the day that I visited Tall Timber, this meant waiting outside in the cold, wind and rain whilst waiting for our table - luckily the food was worth it!

Gone are the days that a plate of eggs benny meant the traditional spread of English muffin, leg ham, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. These days you're more likely to see artisan bread topped not only with the traditional hollandaise and poached eggs, but with also the likes of pulled pork, micro herbs, crumbled crackling, fresh apple and more. Tall Timber's version consisted of slow cooked pork shoulder, champagne poached apple and poached eggs on sourdough, topped with apple cider hollandaise and maple bacon. The eggs themselves were poached perfectly and the pork was juicy and flavoursome - but I did find the tiny piece of maple bacon  a bit useless - it would have been better if it was crumbed so it added texture to the dish - and I know that yes, I could have crumbed it in my fingers myself, but who really wants to get their fingers that sticky and greasy at the breakfast table.


My friend ordered the shaksuka which I was luckily enough to try. In my view, the key to a good baked eggs is perfectly cooked eggs in a rich, well spiced vibrant sauce -  on all three categories,Tall Timber hit the mark



Whilst I probably wouldn't opt to visit Tall Timber during peak hours on a cold and wintery day (the wait outside is rather depressing!) it's definitely a delicious little gem in Richmond I look forward to going back to.

Food: 4/5
Venue: 3.5/5
Service: 3.5/5
Total: 11/15
 Verdict - like, get around to trying it at some point
 
Tall Timber Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment