Food

Food

Sunday 14 April 2019

Code Black Coffee - Brunswick

When I first saw that Code Black Coffee had four venues across the city, my first thought was "crap, my friend has asked me to a mildly fancier version of the Coffee Club".  But to my absolute pleasure (and surprise), Code Black Coffee is miles above the Coffee Club - the two aren't even in the same league.

The Code Black cafe (slash coffee roaster) in Brunswick oozes industrial-chic, offering up a drool-worthy menu with the likes of truffled eggs benedict with mushroom duxelles, sausage and black truffle hollandaise on offer.

Whilst perhaps not the most insta-worthy meal on their menu, the Buttermilk fried rockling burger with japlepenos, green chilli mayo, cheese, cos lettuce and dill pickles, was the best fish burger I have ever had. A big call, I know - but the freshness of the fish, the fluffiness of the bun, and the richness of the generously smothered sauce made me eat it SUPER SLOW as I knew I would be sad when my meal was over.


My friend went with the slow cooked lamb shoulder with roasted baby carrots, babaganoush, sumac tabbouleh and poached eggs. Not only did the dish look beautiful - after being allowed a sneaky taste, I am pleased to confirm that it was also delicious.


Oh, and the potato tots are non-negotiable. Crisp on the outside, fluffy on this inside, it was definitely a rookie error of mine agreeing to share.


Whilst the venue was packed to the brim, our meals were quick and the service was friendly - it's is an absolute must if you find yourself in the area.

Food: 5/5
Service: 4.5/5
Value for money: 4.5/5
Venue: 4.5/5
Total: 18.5/20
Verdict:The New Fave - put it as number 1 on the To Do list.

Code Black Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment