Food

Food

Sunday 9 February 2020

Il Caminetto


Leaving Italian inspired restaurant Il Caminetto in Moonee Ponds, my fellow diner and I turned to each other said “What more could you want” – and I couldn’t think of a better way to sum up our experience.

As soon as we were served up warm fresh bread (made on the premises) and offered Aperol Spritz’s (on tap!) I knew we were in for a great experience. 

For starters we shared the seared scallops served with cauliflower puree and fish croquettes ($19), the eggplant parmigiana ($16) (a strong favourite for me) and the special for the evening, fried cod balls.


 The Cassunziei All’Ampezzana ($25) served up for our main, however, was my fellow diner’s favourite dish of the night – consisting of traditional pasta filled with beetroot and parmesan served with burnt butter, sage and poppy seeds.  For me, however, it was all about the Black ink risotto with grilled calamari and seared scallops – which was a complete surprise to me as I’m never usually a big risotto fan – but the flavours in this dish were just bursting from the seams and the seafood was cooked to perfection.




It’s Il Caminetto’s clear passion for food and great service, in a casual but welcoming setting, which is what makes it the new fave.

Food: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Venue: 4/5
Value for Money: 4/5
Total: 18/20
Verdict: The New Fave – put it as number 1 on the to do list.

The New Fave dined courtesy of Il Caminetto

Il Caminetto Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 


No comments:

Post a Comment